Yasss blueberry season! In my last recipe post, I raved about how much I love summer and all of the fruits that become plentiful during this season. One of those fruits is blueberries, and I’ve been incorporating them into just about everything: scones, waffles, muffins, and now pancakes! This vegan blueberry pancake recipe is really a cut above the rest. 🤤
Pancakes have been and will always be one of my favorite things to make. When I was in high school, I spent a whole summer practicing how to make the perfect pancakes. For me, pancakes need to be fluffy, buttery, not too sweet, and golden brown. And this vegan blueberry pancakes recipe ticks all of those boxes imo.
If you scroll wayyy back to the beginning of this blog, you’ll see that I take my love for pancakes pretty seriously. The very first recipe I ever posted was for my Fluffy Pancakes with Blackberry Syrup. I still go back to that original recipe each and every time I make any kind of pancake, and it’s the basis for this blueberry pancake recipe, too.
Where do you go for your favorite pancakes? When I was a kid I absolutely loved IHOP. Like, a little too much. Maybe this is just a small town thing, but we used to go to IHOP after school all of the time. And it was the top destination for birthdays, graduations, baby showers…you name it. I may be a Los Angeles girl now, but IHOP will always hold a special place in my heart.
I consider this vegan pancake recipe to be a pretty close copycat to IHOP’s pancakes. Take a trip down memory lane with me and you’ll find a lot of yumminess along the way…you won’t regret it!
- 1¼ cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 large flax egg
- 1¼ cups vegan “buttermilk” (almond milk + 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup of blueberries
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine flax egg and vegan “buttermilk”. Whisk together until blended. Add to flour mixture, stirring only until smooth. Add melted butter, sugar, and blueberries to batter and whisk until just combined.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Grease griddle with additional butter. Drop ¼ cup batter on pan and spread into a 5-inch circle. Cook until bubbles begin to form on surface and edges begin to brown. Gently flip and continue to brown other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with warm syrup and more butter. Enjoy!
Adapted From: Life In The Lofthouse