Me and cookies go back. Wayy wayy wayy back. There is truly nothing as amazing to me as the perfect cookie, and I’m always trying out new recipes and flavor combinations on my never-ending quest towards cookie nirvana. My latest creation this time around are these Brown Sugar Almond Toffee Cookies, which have warm puddles of chocolate and crunchy toffee pieces in every bite!
The secret? Chocolove’s Toffee and Almonds in Milk Chocolate bar. I’ve been a fan of Chocolove chocolate for years, ever since I discovered their dozens of flavors at a local farmers market back in Atlanta. Except, instead of eating this chocolate bar straight up as I’m used to doing, I chopped it up into small pieces and used it as the mix-in for this cookie recipe. Such a good decision.
I’ve tried A LOT of cookie recipes, and here is why this one really works: the combination is just perfect. Using all brown sugar for this recipe gives it that rich, caramelized, flavor that you can’t get using white granulated sugar. Couple that with the chocolate, almonds, and toffee in the chocolate bar and you’re talking about cookie heaven, my friend.
Don’t just take a look at the recipe, but make sure you try it for yourself mmkay 😉
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 7 oz Chocolove Almond and Toffee in Milk Chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with brown sugar and salt for about 3-4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla, cornstarch, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Fold in chocolate bars pieces and toffee bits.
- Use an ice cream scoop to drop large rounds onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure they're spaced wide apart (I only fit 4 cookies per sheet).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove and cool completely on wire rack. Enjoy!
Adapted from: Shugary Sweets